Thursday, January 19, 2012

I want to ride my bicycle. I want to ride my bike.


Sadly my trip to New York City has come to a close. This also means my daily spinning at Soul Cycle has also ended.  Today I rode with the coolest Soul Cycle instructor ever (and my favorite), Lori A. Her classes are awesome and I highly recommend anyone who wants to have the most fun and intense cycling class ever should sign up for one if you’re in the City.  It’s far more intense and challenging than any other spinning or indoor cycling class in New York.

We dance on the bike, we lift weights, we bike in sync; but most of all the instructors encourage riders to be inspired and we remember that what is weighing heavily on us right now probably will not seem so bad tomorrow.  The following may sound whimsical, but it's true. Each class is filled with positive motivation and encouragement to be the best we can be and give the most we can give on the bike at the moment and forget our worries.  Today, Lori encouraged us to pick something to ride for that wasn’t about ourselves and had nothing to do with us and to give a little more effort on the bike for that cause.  It was good to be reminded that there are more important things in the world than what we feel that is pressuring us at the moment.  That’s why I love Soul Cycle; I always leave feeling awesome. 

Every time I visit New York, I make sure to sign up for indoor cycling there on the Upper West Side.  In the four days spent in the city, I have taken seven Soul Cycle classes…I can’t wait to move to the city for good and go everyday! My friend from college encouraged me to start cycling this summer at Soul Cycle and I’m certainly glad I took her advice because I’m now hooked.  Since I began cycling this summer, my fitness level has improved immensely and so has my energy level. 

Here is a picture of Lori and me after class.  She’s awesome. 


1 comment:

  1. Soul Cycle is one of a kind. I live just outside of NYC and make the trip there or to Scarsdale often. I'll have to try a class with Lori though - thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete